Search Bar: Please remove search term highlighting

Started by thrinn, October 03, 2013, 11:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrinn

Hi Mario,
when I use the Search Bar in the File Window, the search term is automatically highlighted after the results are displayed. This makes it more difficult than necessary to correct the search term or narrow the search using additional words.

Let's say I want to search for pictures of Pretoria, but accidentally enter "Pretori" only in the Search Bar. After a short delay I get the result (0 pictures) and see that I missed the trailing "a". Normally, I would just type the "a", and all would be good. But at this point the search term is highlighted, so typing "a" overwrites the search term.

I would prefer that the search term is not highlighted automatically. This would it also make easier to narrow down a search leading to too many results just by adding additional words. Of course, it is only an additional keystroke or mouse click that I need at the moment, but I am more accustomed to just continue typing when using search bars.

Not a major issue, but you know that all IMatch users are spoiled  ;D

Regards,
Thorsten
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

HaWo

I think, search beginns too fast. Longer words are difficult complet to write.
Bei einer kleinen Schreibpause rast IM5 los. 
Hans-Wolfgang

thrinn

Oh, I do not complain about IMatch being so fast  :)

And I think the delay between "stop typing" and "starting to search" is about the same as in Windows Explorer. I just want to be able to continue typing if the results shown are not what I searched for. At the moment, I have to use the "End" key to de-highlight the search term before I continue typing.

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA