Attribute Importer - Increase number of lines

Started by Oriel, April 02, 2020, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oriel

Hi!
i'm presently trying iMatch 2020. i need to import some Exif data into Attributes. I hoped to do it automatically with Metadata Templates. Unfortunatelly, it does not work, seemingly, with Attributes, only metadata. So the Attribute Imported App could be the solution ; it does work well indeed.  :)
The trouble is, there are only 3 lines of data supplied when I need to have 6 Exif fields transfered to Attributes.
is there a solution?

For information, I'm nowadays using iMatch 3 (since 2004), and using some Exif fields to store data [using ExifToolGUI, for data such as lens name for some lenses not recognized by my camera, a sony A6500]. My workflow is quite a routine now, and I don't want to modify it to much  ;)

Mario

Importing metadata into Attributes is something that is not really often needed.
It produces duplicate data, and that is not something that is useful in the long term.

Does IMatch not show the metadata you're after? I mean, there is 10 years time between IMatch 3 and 2020. Or more.
And IMatch 2020 uses ExifTool and a massive lens database.
IMatch 2020 knows a bit more about metadata than IMatch 3, which is a decade out of date...

Have you checked that the lens is not identified properly by IMatch? And that the EXIF/XMP data shows you the lens?
If the lens is not shown in the default metadata panel, switch to browser mode and check there all tags related to lens.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Oriel

Thanks Mario. There are indeed many other ways to do things. I try and learn  :)