Comparing images - App

Started by sinus, June 04, 2020, 05:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hello everybody
Here I come with an app that should work for all of you, if you save them as usual.

Here's we go:
- select one or more pictures (I tried 700 with success  ;D)
- click the App button and the images will be displayed as in the attachments.

options:
you can switch:
- image size (and thus number of columns)
- Font size
- Images only (default)
- with headline
- with important fields
- with some Exif fields
- along with everything else

Of course you can add new fields relatively easily, but you have to change the html.

And by the way, if you click directly on a picture, it will be displayed larger one by one, but in a new tab.
That means, if you run the app within IMatch, the picture will be displayed larger, but how to get back to the app, I don't know.  :-[ Does anyone know?
Hence close the app and start it again. 8)

If you run the app in a browser (much more comfortable and cooler, e.g. select other pictures and refresh them - done), the picture will open larger and you can simply press the back button of the browser.
(how to make a picture bigger and close it by clicking on it or clicking on an X, I haven't figured it out yet, I think modal (or iframe?) would be the keyword, but I can't figure it out ::) :-\ ??

Well, beginners. Yup, we're still on the subject:
Pros shouldn't look at the app, it's more like chaos, but still, it runs fine.

I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank three people in particular for making it this far:
- there's the master himself, Mario, I studied his html-export-script and took the basic from there
- and there is Jingo (Andy), who helped me so much with his / my timeline app, without whom I really couldn't have done this
- and also thanks to Thorsten, who had a good tip now and then

last personal tip:
If you run the app (works with almost all apps, also with Pinboard or others) in a browser, you can press the right mouse button in the browser and choose "save page as" and then choose "whole website html".
Then the whole page including pictures will be saved. And then you can save it for example on your mobile phone or a tablet and view the same there.
Without IMatch, only the selected pictures are saved and displayed. This is really cool - I got this tip from Andy, too!

What could be still done

• - a click on the image should open the clicked image bigger not in a new tab, but in a way, that we can click on this big image (or an x) to close it and be there like before (modal?)

• - the cards and images should be a kind of responsive, but the buttons are maybe not, I have to lern more about responsivness (that you can see it also on a handy)

• - besides the buttons, what opens text for ALL images, it would be cool, if we could click on the grey card (background of each image) or a button of each image, and on a click it would open only the text for this image, not for all. I tried this, but without success.

• - not that important, really not, but nice: if we want see quickly differences between some image-groups (e.g. private images) the border of an image (or the background) should be different, based on some variables (e.g. if the city is London, such images get a red border. I did this for the headline (but not in this app here, outcommented), but was not able to do it for the border or background of an image (because this would be even better)

Hope the app runs, IF someone wants to try it.
Have fun.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Very fun and cool App Markus.... so happy to see you coming so far along with IMatch coding... in JAVASCRIPT no less!!!  Pat yourself on the back and raise a pint!!

I will download and give a play this weekend... thx for sharing!

sinus

Thanks, Mario and Jingo

Maybe in this weekend the beer is cold enough, Andy, (a pint I have not heard a long time, the last time in Brighton/England, sounds cool  ;) ) I will drink one.
I see, with JS and all this stuff, we can do a lot, and the base is (mostly) IMatch.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus