Guided manual photo tagging manager/wizard

Started by plastikman, April 08, 2020, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plastikman

I think it would be very helpful to have a semantic tagging manager for guided "photo" tagging, with some similarity to the auto tagger (they could easily be integrated with for example drag and drop of suggest keywords in the answer fields). It could follow the WHY/WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHEN/HOW convention.

The following metadata fields could be populated this way (some already are e.g. people > person in image):

• Headline or Title
  • Description
  • Keywords
  • Person in image
  • Object in image
  • Event

My idea would be to populate these fields in a structured way based on a number of questions, to which answers would feedback in those fields:

E.g.

• Who are the main subjects in this image? (link to People manager)
  • What are the main subjects in this image? (in case no people but object or location as subject)
  • What are they doing? e.g, biking, running, playing, nothing in case of an object
  • Where was the photo taken? e.g. Times Square, church
  • Related event (insert tag based on event name) e.g. Donald's birthday?
  • When was the photo taken? e.g, summer/morning/holiday
  • Why did you take the picture? e.g. funny, sad, pretty

Based on the answers, you can already generate automated photo descriptions e.g. Person A and B doing X at location Y (in case of people, objects and location) OR X at location Y (in case of objects and location but no people) or location Y (in case of location but no people and object) based on templates.

mastodon

I like the idea. You can do this with IMatch right now, but if someone has any idea to make it easier...

ubacher

There are so many other ways of "tagging" one's pictures! Your suggestion would work for just one (your) way.

plastikman

Quote from: ubacher on April 09, 2020, 07:11:16 AM
There are so many other ways of "tagging" one's pictures! Your suggestion would work for just one (your) way.

Of course. And all those other ways would still be possible. And actually there could be different wizards or you could create your own.

My point would be to have a structured, question-answer based approach to tagging based on the WHO-WHAT-WHEN-WHERE-WHY approach of tagging that is extremely common.

It wouldn't cover 100% of tagging needs but makes sure that the foundation of your tags is covered (the 5 Ws). Depending on how you store the values, it would also create a recoverable way to store essential keywords.

Jingo

Quote from: plastikman on April 09, 2020, 08:29:53 AM
Quote from: ubacher on April 09, 2020, 07:11:16 AM

Of course. And all those other ways would still be possible. And actually there could be different wizards or you could create your own.

My point would be to have a structured, question-answer based approach to tagging based on the WHO-WHAT-WHEN-WHERE-WHY approach of tagging that is extremely common.

It wouldn't cover 100% of tagging needs but makes sure that the foundation of your tags is covered (the 5 Ws). Depending on how you store the values, it would also create a recoverable way to store essential keywords.

Easily done via an APP once endpoints are available to Events and People modules... present some questions to the user, present some lookup options and file the data to the database...