Several instructions in Metadata Template

Started by Oriel, April 09, 2020, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oriel

Hi!
I'm preparing to migrate from 3.6 to 6. And yes, I know it's very old   Edit : it has years as I do  :D

Still one question to solve :
Is there a way to put several lines of instructions in one Metadata Template.
For exemple copy the Attribute "Title" (entered by me) into XMP iptcExt\ArtworkOrObjectAOTitle\ArtworkTitle
(as I presently do) and also into XMP dc\description\Description.
This in mainly to ensure compatibility with existing files.

Alternatively, is it possible to launch several Metadata Template instructions in a sort of batch, i.e. linking them together?

Thks in advance

Mario

Metadata Templates can fill any number of tags.
See the very first page of the Metadata Templates help. It shows a template that fills 3 metadata tags.
Just click on the "Add" button to add another target tag, then enter the variable to use as the source.

You cannot combine/link metadata templates. Not needed.
The quickest way to run multiple templates is via Favorites
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Not sure, if I understand you correct.

Metadata Templates are very powerful.

You can change several metadata-fields with one go.

See my attachements. Both highlighted Templates does fill several files.

In the first Template "Alter Chantal" I let fill even complicated variables, as  you can see into Plus..Custom2.
In the same Template I let change also 2 other fields.
Means, with one single keystroke I let run this template and it does fill all these 3 fields.

But you can also change more fields:

In the second (2_METAS + Collections) e.g. I let fill the field Title with the variable NameExt.
The field Creator I give a name (not visible in the attachement) and so on.

Have fun.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Oriel

Thks for your help. However it does not work with me. Here is a capture of the MD dialog.
Only the first tag is filled i.e. XMP::iptcExt\ArtworkOrObjectAOTitle\ArtworkTitle.
I can't imagine what is wrong.

Thks

Mario

Show us from what you fill the two other tags (the "Fill tag from this data") contents.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

You have to configure the "Fill the tag from this data" for each of the entries in the "Tags" section above separately.
Just click the tags one after each other and enter the "Fill the tag from this data" for each tag.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

sinus

You mean, your tag XMP::iptcExt\ArtworkOrObjectAOTitle\ArtworkTitle is correct filled with the value of XMP::dc\Titre? (I guess, Titre is correct, not Title)

Then in the template, what you have created, you switch to XMP::dc\Description.
Then you have filled the white field below with date (like you did in the 1. position with Titre.)

I do not know, what you have filled there. You can fill some text or variables.
What is important also are the 3 checkboxes, have also a look on them.
If you have filled the white field (Fill the tag from this data) for each of the 3 fields, I see no reason, why it should not work.

You can always first fill a field like Description with some test-text, to see, if it works.
To not loose some thext, what is already in the field, check the Box "Merge with existing contents".

Ah, Mario and Thorsten have been quicker, well, nevetheless I send this  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Oriel

Thank you all!
My fault: I did not imagine I had to fill 3 times the same data. i thought once was enough, so I did not even check the 2 lower lines.  :-[  Not it works Ok.
The simpler solution is not always obvious (to me at last)  ;)

Thks and bye

Mario

Each tag has an individual source of course.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator