Updating Faces Stops

Started by richard49, April 18, 2020, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard49

I have just updated to version 2020.4.6 and am still getting the same 'problem'.

I select 'Unconfirmed Faces' and select the faces on an image to select if they're right or wrong.

After doing this to two images the process stops and all I can do is to close the viewer as nothing happens, the viewer freezes on me.

I close iMatch, open it again and the same thing happens.

I'm only able to change/correct two images before it freezes???
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Mario

What do you mean with "process stops"?
Please explain what you see. Screen shots? IMatch log file log file

We don't know really much. Has your database 50,000 files or 500,000?
Do you see the "updating person" text overlay in the Viewer while it is processing faces in the background?
Do you have 100 files loaded into the Viewer or 1000?
Do you have 500 unconfirmed faces or 50,000?
What spec is your PC?
Always include the log file ZIPped when you report a problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

richard49

The database as a whole has 36,850 files.

The images for Unconfirmed Faces is 1570 files.

When updating a face I always wait for the message stating 'Updating Person' to disappear before moving on to the next image.

When I get to about two or three image completed I can't move on to the next image or close the viewer by clicking on the X at the top righ; the only way to close the viewer is to go to the task bar and close it from there as it appears to have 'frozen' on me and won't respond.

My PC has an Intel i7-7700 CPU @3.6GHz; 16GB RAM and running Windows 10

Albert Einstein

Mario

Please switch to debug logging (Help > Support > Debug Logging).
This produces a more detailed log file.

I don't see any face or person related activity in this log file. A few images are loaded from the cache, but the log shows barely more than an IMatch start.
No warnings. No errors. No long transactions. No slow operations. No database locks. All clean.

Is this a log from a session where you encountered the problem? If not, reproduce the problem and attach a zipped log file from that session.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

richard49

Still freezing after selecting images one by one to correct face's

File attached as requested

Albert Einstein

Mario

Log not in debug mode. Did you see my instructions above?

No errors or warnings. The log file stops after IMatch has loaded face info in 0.04s and created a new cache image and loaded it into the Viewer.
When IMatch "freezes" do you have to close it in TaskManager? Or is the UI still responsive.

QuoteI select 'Unconfirmed Faces' and select the faces on an image to select if they're right or wrong.

Where do you select unconfirmed faces? Do you use the Face Manager or do you use a filter or...?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator