Hello

I am using iMatch 2020 and trying to use Importer & Exporter - Email module
My mail is gmail, and I use
smtp.gmail.com
Port : 465
Athentication : Auto - Connection : SSL
user : my gmail address
Pwd : my gmail password

When I press "Send test email...", I get "Imatch could not send the email. Please check the account information"
When I go to the logs, I see "SendMail error : (80040211) 'v:\develop\imatch5\src\imlib\ptemail.cpp (459)

I looked at the post here which says the solution was found... but cannot open the attached file
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=5752.msg39604#msg39604

Thx for your help
Pierre

Mario

This is most likely caused by a security feature in gmail.
Probably Google does not allow you to send mails from "unknown" apps or computers.
Check the security settings in gmail to see if you allow apps to send emails using your account. This could be abused so it is off by default.

Since 90% of all emails sent these days are SPAM, all major email providers make it hard or almost impossible to send emails from normal applications (like IMatch) without explicit permissions etc.

If you cannot find the settings in gmail which prevent IMatch from sending emails on your behalf, export the files into a separate folder and drag them from there into your gmail web client to attach them.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PierreC

Thank you for the answers.
As I don't wanto to lower security on my gmail account, Do you have a suggestion of a mail provider which you have successfully tested which can be used for SMTP? (just made the test with a freshly created yahoo account, with the same result as Gmail)

Thanks

Using smtp.mail.yahoo.com
04.04 11:50:38+63516 [5FC4] 01  W> SendMail error:  (80040211)  'v:\develop\imatch5\src\imlib\ptemail.cpp(549)'

Using mail.yahoo.com
04.04 12:00:49+272391 [5FC4] 01  W> SendMail error: Une connexion existante a dû être fermée par l'hôte distant.
(80072746)  'v:\develop\imatch5\src\imlib\ptemail.cpp(549)'

Mario

All these services will use the similar security features as Google.
They are main targets for all kinds of abuse because they are the main email gateways (hotmail, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft).

I have no problems with German Telekom or the mail server of my ISP. And commercial clients with their own mail servers neither.

Sending emails has become very complicated these days...unless you use their web interface or their special apps. It's all pretty much locked up.
I could probably route all mails IMatch users send via my server, and make this server known to Google and "certify it". After a change in IMatch this would making sending emails that way possible.
BUT that would of course cause lots of legal and privacy issues. I don't want to route any IMatch user data over my servers.

I can only repeat my suggestion from above. Export the files to a temp folder and from there drag them into your mail client.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

I too have a few dummy email accounts on my hosting service which I use from time to time... but mostly, I follow Mario's advice just use an email preset in the export... very easy and secure!

PierreC

PierreC

Hello

What is your advise to be able to do the following :
-I perform a search, multi criteria and I have my result
-I want to copy all the corresponding pictures into a folder for whatever use then outside of iMatch (send them by mail, make a web page,  ...) - The only way I found was to copy them into a folder which I create in iMatch folder view ... but not sure it is the best

Thanks

thrinn

Just select the resulting files, then copy them (Ctrl-C), then switch to the target folder in Windows explorer, then paste them (Ctrl-V).

Or select the resulting files, drag them to the target folder (which should be already opened in Windows Explorer, and drop them there.

Or use a Renamer preset with a Copy File step.

At least 3 methods :-)
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Jingo

Quote from: thrinn on April 13, 2020, 10:34:12 PM
Just select the resulting files, then copy them (Ctrl-C), then switch to the target folder in Windows explorer, then paste them (Ctrl-V).

Or select the resulting files, drag them to the target folder (which should be already opened in Windows Explorer, and drop them there.

Or use a Renamer preset with a Copy File step.

At least 3 methods :-)

2 more... use an Export Preset that will resize, rename, etc..

or use my Gallery APP which also allows for FTP directly to a webpage for sharing!

PierreC

Thanks all
The Export Preset is very useful and easy!

Jingo, where do I find My Galery App? (I do not see it in the App Mgr Panel)

Thx

Jingo

Quote from: PierreC on April 16, 2020, 07:57:05 AM

Jingo, where do I find My Galery App? (I do not see it in the App Mgr Panel)

Thx

Hi Pierre - it is here: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=9370.msg66672#msg66672

Please note these are NOT standard apps so please review and proceed with caution... I have also not tested it recently with the latest version of IMatch though it should continue to run!  Enjoy!!