Slower DL Times (15 min. vs. about 1)

Started by Darius1968, April 16, 2020, 01:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Definitely, not a problem whatsoever where the actual functioning of IMatch is concerned, but usually, it takes only about 1-2 min. to get the latest update, but today - I've tried multiple times - the DL time has been around 15 min.  Is this a change, or just some temporary difficulty?  Again, not a real pressing issue, just curious.  Thanks! 

Darius1968

Update: 
I just now found that I could once again, reinstate my usual download speed via my VPN, establishing an IP in Germany.  What I want to know is how this would speed things up, when the data being piped into my PC is ultimately, still via my Comcast connection? 

Mario

Networks are saturated all over the world due to COVID-19 and the big ISPs are reducing bandwidth. You may affected by that.
So far you are the only user who reported this, which probably means that it varies from country to country. I have downloaded several large installer files today (several GB each) and I get my usual ~ 60Mbit/s.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

It's also weird that despite my connection to your server, via my straight Comcast IP Address being slow, I've not noticed slow speeds for other things I do.  But, in the end, all was well when I invoked my VPN. 

plastikman

Quote from: Mario on April 16, 2020, 09:46:36 AM
Networks are saturated all over the world due to COVID-19 and the big ISPs are reducing bandwidth. You may affected by that.
So far you are the only user who reported this, which probably means that it varies from country to country. I have downloaded several large installer files today (several GB each) and I get my usual ~ 60Mbit/s.

My download took 45 minutes the day it was released. But I don't mind, plenty of other things to do. I tested another download on my computer at the same time and it was very fast. Probably CDN related.

Jingo

I was uploading a 250MB folder via FTP yesterday.... my u/l speeds dropped from 5Mb/sec to 45kb/sec and it took over 5 mins to upload... should have taken a few seconds.  Saturated internet... if that is the extent of things... that's just fine with me!