Catalog is locked OR read only

Started by jldodge, April 22, 2021, 12:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jldodge

I recently moved my iMatch program to a new computer. The pics and catalogs remain on a separate NAS which is now mapped to the new PC. When I try to access my catalogs on the new PC, either they are only a "read only" OR they are locked and I cannot load the catalog. I have checked all of my settings for the drive and they appear to be okay. Also, I can access and edit other files on the NAS without any problem. So, I think there must be something with iMatch that changed (or didn't) when I moved to the new PC. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are there settings in the registry that I could change?
Should I recreate a "new" catalog with all of the pics? If I do that, would I keep all of the star and color ratings that I gave the pics in the previous catalog?

Thanks in advance ...

Mario

I assume with "catalog" you mean the IMatch database?
IMatch tells you that the database is read-only when you open it?

1. Check that the option to load databases in read-only mode is off in the Database menu

2. Make sure the database file on disk is not marked as read-only (Right-click on the file in Windows Explorer > Properties

3. Make sure that the user account you use to log in on your new computer has write-access to the file.
When you copy files between computers, sometimes the access privileges are changed.
Use Windows Explorer to check which users have "full control" over the database file. Right-click to open the properties, then the Security tab.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jldodge

This worked ... Apparently, I misread the "read only" option. Thanks again ...