Upgrade

Started by cthomas, April 18, 2020, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I did an Upgrade on my system and then when I tried to open my database. I started getting this message. And I cannot figure out how to fix this. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

thrinn

That the database must be upgraded when opening it the first time with a new (or updated) IMatch version is normal.
But according to the message you attached to the post, your database is read-only. One possible reason is that you may have activated the "Open Databases read-only" (by accident).
Please try the following steps:
Start IMatch, but do not load any database.
In the "Database" menu, check if the "Open Databases read-only" is set. If so, deactivate it.
Now open your database. You should get (again) a message that the database has to be upgraded, but this time only as an info message (no red cross). Just proceed...

Other possible reasons (but less probable) are that the database file (the .imd5 file) has been set to read-only on file system level. Or that there is a problem with access rights. But I suggest first to check the option mentioned above.

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

JohnZeman

Also make sure you're using a licensed copy of IMatch 2020 and not a 30+ day old trial version.

cthomas

Quote from: JohnZeman on April 19, 2020, 02:55:13 AM
Also make sure you're using a licensed copy of IMatch 2020 and not a 30+ day old trial version.

How can I check to see which version I'm using?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 19, 2020, 08:12:12 PM
Help menu > About

Evey thing looks ok to me. Is it?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Perfect. You have the latest version installed. Enjoy!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook