Is there a possibilty to get a white background for transparent svg?

Started by Menace, April 25, 2020, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hello,

I work a lot with Chemistry-Formula (Structural formula) and my output of them for my website are as svg. The problem is on IMatch I just see a black box (black structural formula on a transparent background = black all over). Is there a possibility to tell IMatch to show this svg with a white background?

All kind of "Hintergrundfarbe" in option doesn't help.
In "Windows Explorer" it is shown mostly correct with white background.

Codec ist "SVG Explorer Extension".

Mario

If you use a WIC codec, IMatch has no control over this.
On that level, there is no transparency or anything. IMatch gets a final "BITMAP", which it then stores as a JPG in the database and cache.
The SVG is rendered by the WIC codec and then most likely delivered on a black background to IMatch.

IMatch has special treatments for PNG and TIFF files, which it does load directly and where it deals with the alpha channel by rendering the bitmap separately on top of a checkered background.
No idea if and how this could work with a WIC codec, which delivers final bitmaps. I have never looked into this. Apparently, you are so far the only user with this particular problem.
Feel free to add a FR so we can see if this is of any interest for other users.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook