Started by picolo, October 03, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picolo

Mario,

Download and installation without problems
Map panel 2.0: you are a genius! Love it...
Cheers, Michael

thrinn

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Buster

---
Best wishes,
Reiner

mgm1965

Downloaded and installaled without problems.
Start very quickly.

Marco

Gerd

Downloaded and installed ... as ususal .. no probs!

Thanks, Mario!
_______
Regards
Gerd

Frank

BenAW

Just installed and had a first look at the Map Panel 2.0:  just wow!!!

sinus

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

chiro

Ferdinand

DigPeter

+1
I will have to resist temptation to play too much with this great new map facility.

stonecherub

Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee - American advertising jingle.

Well, nobody doesn't like the map panel except me and I don't like Sara Lee, too.

This may be another place where my stupidity is getting in the way, but I don't think so. When I open the panel atop a selected image with geolocation data, it shows Germany or the central Atlantic Ocean at 0N, 0E (unlike, say, the map panel in Lightroom 5 that shows geolocated images).

I have geolocations. My workflow puts a Garmin GPS on my pack strap and a Qstarz GPS logger in my pocket (always close to the camera even when I'm away from the pack). I download gpx tracks from both and use one to write geolocations to my images with Phil Harvey's EXIFTool.

My volcanoes don't have street addresses, so reverse geocoding is of no value to me.

It's nice to be able to swap between Bing and GE but Bing images have a mask over Mexico (where I'm working) for close distances and I have not yet found a way to display geolocation of the cursor in Bing like I can in GE.

Maybe it's just not for me.

BenAW

Do you have the button "Automatically zoom to focussed file" selected?
(5th button from left hand top of the map panel)

JohnZeman

Quote from: stonecherub on October 05, 2013, 06:00:21 PMThis may be another place where my stupidity is getting in the way, but I don't think so. When I open the panel atop a selected image with geolocation data, it shows Germany or the central Atlantic Ocean at 0N, 0E (unlike, say, the map panel in Lightroom 5 that shows geolocated images).
When I first open the map panel it often shows for me just like it does for you, some place half way around the world from the selected images actual coordinates.  However keeping the map open if I then select another image then the map jumps right to the correct location.

Mario

When the map is loaded from the OpenLayers / Google / OpenStreetMap etc. servers it does not pick up the current selection in IMatch.
I tried but it is very hard and a timing issue...

When you open the map panel it starts at a location derived from your IP address (I guess). When you then click a file, it will show it's location.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stonecherub

Learned something new, today. Using the "Automatically zoom to ..." icon took the satellite image from someplace green to my brown desert.

But, clicking from image to image in one folder as an exercise, I discovered that identical values of latitude and longitude had been written to all the files. Fortunately, Lightroom lays them all out on the gpx track automatically so that I can quickly verify locations.  Doing this will be a new checklist item in my workflow.

Mario

QuoteBut, clicking from image to image in one folder as an exercise, I discovered that identical values of latitude and longitude had been written to all the files.

Do you mean that IMatch has written identical values to all files?
Before IMatch writes GPS coordinates via the Map, it displays a message box, asking you to confirm. It cannot accidentally change GPS coordinates.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

I like this new map panel, once one gets used to the initial file click and added a few fixed locations to avoid drowning in high seas at map opening.

How to I get Bing Maps to work?

Francis

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

JohnZeman

Then paste that key into Preferences > Geo & Maps > Services > Bing Maps API Key

cytochrome

Thanks a lot Mario and John, it works...

Its really amusing, first Win account, then Bing maps account, then BM key... but I don't complain, it is free, good maps, on Bing hybrid I see my house, all alone on a dirt road, elev.3600 ft....

It is really nice that Mario included the possibility for personnal use of commercial services in addition to OSM.

Francis

Mario

Just keep in mind that both Google Maps and Bing Maps come with several pages of legal stuff, usage restrictions and terms of use attached. By enabling and using these services in IMatch 5, you agree that you have read and understood all this stuff. If Google or Microsoft come running, you'll take the heat.

Google and Microsoft offer these services basically free to use. They are free to grant or revoke that service. Although we pay for it in the end (for Google Maps we pay with our data and by looking at the advertisements Google puts everywhere, for Bing we pay with our data and other $ we give to Microsoft).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator