Disappearing Favorite

Started by BanjoTom, May 02, 2020, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

I've created -- several times now! -- a favorite, with keyboard shortcut, to run a Metadata Template that fills in the "Credit" tag and also the "Copyright" tag in my (default) metadata panel.  It works fine every time right after I've created it, and I have used it successfully on several files. 

But every time I then close IMatch and restart it later, that particular Favorite has disappeared.  I don't understand why it doesn't stay; other Favorites I've created are always there. 

I've attached the latest log file (Debug Logging) from the session during which I created that particular Favorite -- again.  I hope you can figure this out!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

JohnZeman

Have you resaved your workspace since creating that favorite?

I might be wrong here but several years ago it seems we had a spirited discussion here about whether saved workspaces should automatically update themselves whenever we change a workspace (which you do when you create a favorite).  As I recall it was generally agreed that workspaces should be manually updated/saved and Mario went along with the wishes of the majority.

Mario

Favorites are stored in the database (because they usually contain database-specific objects).
I see no problems with Favorite validation or anything.

I see that a favorite was added quite early in the session and then modified (properties, most likely).
Favorites are saved immediately when they are created or modified.

I see that an app (?) is querying favorites from IMatch? Is this a custom app perhaps? But apps can only query favorites and execute them, not delete them, so ...

The log file shows no shut-down o maybe something happened at the end?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook