Upgrade from 2019.8.4 to 2020.4.12 and uninstall-advice

Started by pmbvw, May 02, 2020, 10:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmbvw

Short question:
Yesterday I bought the Upgrade and today I want to make the migration.
Now I read your info:
If you have IMatch 2020.4.8 or earlier installed, please uninstall the currently installed IMatch version via the Control Panel > Add/Remove Software applet before installing this version.
This avoids a duplicate "removal" entry for IMatch in this applet later on. It does not harm, though, if you don't do this. It's just tidier. And only required this time.

Is it also necessary, to deinstall my 219.8.4 first, before upgrading  from 2019 to 2020?

Mario

If you have IMatch 2020.4.8 or earlier installed

Yes. 2019 was also installed with the old installer technology. And uses a different folder structure than IMatch 2020 for apps.
Uninstall for a fresh start. This will not affect your database or settings.
Make a backup of all data before, as usual when installing new software.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pmbvw

Thanks for your very fast reply :-)

I only have made two Pack and Go's.
Additionally I have saved: C:\ProgramData\photools.com

I have no backup Software, I only make backups manually of my datafolders.

Is Pack and Go plus the programdata-Folder enough for the migration or should I save some other folders etc?

pmbvw

I made the Upgrade and so far, all seems to be fine.
I also had to restart after the install, but that is normal also by other applications.
Inspite of 250.000 files, the database conversion runs in 1 Minute !!!

Compliment!!!

Mario

QuoteI have no backup Software, I only make backups manually of my datafolders.

Uh-oh. Very dangerous.

Pack & Go packs everything needed. Make sure you include your database(s), which is optional.

QuoteInspite of 250.000 files, the database conversion runs in 1 Minute !!!

There is not much conversion to be done, unless you have many old-style face annotations. Which take some work. Else it's just a minute or so.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook