Upgraded to IM 2020 - question reg. Categories and Filters

Started by nacho02, May 02, 2020, 07:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacho02

Hi,

This may well be a "non-reflected" question, but I always use the same DB and only switch DBs every many years, so forgive me.

I have just upgraded to IM 2020 and have created a test DB to play around.

The first thing I noticed is that my filters in the filter panel are gone and my categories as well. Keywords seem to be there...

Are categories DB-dependant?

Are filters in the filter panel DB-dependant?

Thanks in advance :-)

Ignacio
Ignacio

nacho02

By the way...

I'm amazed how quick the face recognition works, how well it detects the faces and how reliable it identifies the people once "trained".

Thanks, Mario!
Ignacio

Mario

QuoteAre categories DB-dependant?

Yes. Categories are stored in the database.
You can use the export/import features for categories to transfer them to another database. Importing & Exporting Categories

Are filters in the filter panel DB-dependant?

This depends on the filter. Filters which filter database-specific objects (categories, attributes, collections) are nontransferable.

Usually you don't switch databases without any good reason. Most of my databases where initially created with IMatch 3...

I'm glad that you enjoy the IMatch AI and face recognition. Spread the word. Let others know about IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

nacho02

Quote from: Mario on May 02, 2020, 08:48:38 PM

Yes. Categories are stored in the database.

OK. No problem. It's only a test DB, so I can crate new, if needed. Was just making sure that the behaviour was as intended.

QuoteYou can use the export/import features for categories to transfer them to another database. Importing & Exporting Categories

Thanks Mario. Yes. Have done that, as part of the preparation for the migration to IM2020.

This depends on the filter. Filters which filter database-specific objects (categories, attributes, collections) are nontransferable.

Usually you don't switch databases without any good reason. Most of my databases where initially created with IMatch 3...

As is mine I just have one. All my pics  :D

I'm glad that you enjoy the IMatch AI and face recognition. Spread the word. Let others know about IMatch.
Ignacio