IMatch version 2020.5.2

Started by ColinIM, May 04, 2020, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinIM

Thank you Mario for this latest IMatch version 2020.5.2!

As a Windows 7 user (for a while longer ...) I am very very pleased to be able to 'pause' my IMatch upgrades with this version, even though (by necessity) it's not officially endorsed for Windows 7.

Thank you for 'stretching' your IMatch development this one last time for the benefit of us "not yet on Windows 10" users.

I've heard the strong arguments here in favour of Windows 10, and I don't rule out a possible switch from Windows 7 in a few month's time.  Frankly, my desire to stay with IMatch as it continues to grow is the single most persuasive 'pull' on my decision (possibly) to accept a Windows 10 environment, even though (in my opinion) Windows 10 has its flaws.)

Thank you again.

Mario

Windows 7 is definitely dead. For years.
I have removed the two virtual test machines I've used for testing installers and IMatch over the years. I'm done with W7.

I've worked on this not for Windows 7 but for the few remaining private and institutional users who are still on Windows 8 - for whatever reasons.

Support for Windows 8 in IMatch may be discontinued soon, depending on how fast the toolkit and 3rd party vendors phase it out.
End of mainstream support for Windows 8.1 was in January 2018 (!), extended support runs until January 2023 - but that's only for Enterprise products with Enterprise support plans.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook