How can I move the program

Started by cthomas, May 07, 2020, 12:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

Does IMatch no longer have a mimize, a maximize and a close button?

And I thought I could move the program around is when I put my course at the top of my program I would get a four way arrow but that only dissapre.  And I still could not get the program to move.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Hi, Carl

nothing has changed in IMatch in that area.
You can still minimize, maximize and resize the window using the caption bar and the buttons at the top.
Maybe include a screen shot so we see what you see?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on May 07, 2020, 08:28:07 PM

Maybe include a screen shot so we see what you see?

This is what I see.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

This looks like you have moved the caption bar of the IMatch window outside the visible area of your screen.

Hold down the <Shift> key and then right-click the IMatch icon in the Windows taskbar.
In the menu, choose "Move".
You can now use the <Cursor down> key to move the window down, until you see the caption bar again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on May 07, 2020, 10:47:33 PM
This looks like you have moved the caption bar of the IMatch window outside the visible area of your screen.

Hold down the <Shift> key and then right-click the IMatch icon in the Windows taskbar.
In the menu, choose "Move".
You can now use the <Cursor down> key to move the window down, until you see the caption bar again.

I tried what you said to do and I could not get it to work. So I uninstalled IMatch and reinstated IMatch. and this is what I got again. And I still can not get it to work.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

You have somehow made the IMatch window larger than your screen.

Why did the trick I showed you not work?
1. Start IMatch.
2. Hold down <Shift> and right-click the IMatch icon in the TaskBar.
3. Click on "Size" in the menu.
4. Use <Cursor Left> to reduce the width and <Cursor Up> to reduce the height of the IMatch window. Press <Enter> to confirm.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Tveloso

One addition to step 4 which might give some immediate visual feedback:

Quote from: Mario on May 08, 2020, 08:50:57 AM
4. Use <Cursor Left> to reduce the width and <Cursor Up> to reduce the height of the IMatch window.

4a. Move the mouse slightly down, and right (this should "snap" the window into the visible area)
    4b. Press <Enter>, or left click, to confirm.

If your IMatch window is very much larger than your screen size, you may not see anything happening as you size, using the cursor keys, but moving the mouse should make the upper left corner of the window visible again.
--Tony