iMatch not reading Capture One data

Started by richard49, May 10, 2020, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard49

If I make an adjustment (such as colour tag, star rating or keywording) in iMatch Capture One will read that data and make the necessary adjustment but it doesn't work the other way round.

If I make any of those adjustment in Capture One iMatch doesn't seem to see them and doesn't update itself.

Am I missing something in the setting etc. or is this just 'normal' for the interaction between iMatch and capture One?

Thanks
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

jch2103

I'm not familiar with how Capture One works (I use DxO PhotoLab), but in Lightroom it's necessary to get LR to write metadata to images before IM can see it (if you don't, they're only in the LR catalog). Is there a similar 'write metadata' command in C1?
John

Mario

As jch2103 pointed out above, have you ascertained that C1 has written your metadata changes to the image file?
IMatch cannot see metadata buried somewhere in a C1 proprietary database / cache / catalog.

Tip: Use the ExifTool Command Processor or the Metadata Analyst app in IMatch to see which data your files contain.

Also, if the file is marked as pending in IMatch (unwritten metadata), the metadata protection feature in IMatch may kick in. Check under Edit > Preferences > Metadata 2 if and which protection options you have enabled. Press <F1> in that dialog for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

richard49

Thank you for pointing this out, I hadn't thought of it from this point of view.

I'll do some checks.

Thanks...
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Winfried

Please check your Caption One settings.
Using "Full Sync" should solve your problem.
But to my opinion it is best to edit the metadata just in one application, i.e. Imatch.
If the implementation of xmp is correct in both appilcations (Imatch and C1) than it is ok, otherwise you may run into problems.

Winfried

thrinn

In addition to the remarks of Winfried, please check also the settings in Process Recipe > Metadata. These setting also have an impact on what gets written in the exported file.

I also agree with Winfried that it is probably better to edit metadata in only one application. Personally, if I want to copy ratings etc. from a RAW to a JPG, I use file relations in IMatch. Metadata mess is big enough as it is, without need of additional hoops to jump through...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Carlo Didier

I often assign star ratings in C1 and iMatch reads them just fine.
I don't have full sync selected for xmp sidecar files. I don't think that setting applies to embedded xmp metadata.