People Processing - age from dates change processing

Started by Aubrey, May 23, 2020, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I think that the calculation of age in an image is based on {File.MD.XMP::photoshop\DateCreated\DateCreated\0} (Date Subject Created)

I would like to have it based on: {File.MD.XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate\0} (Create Date)

When I scanned images I set a Create Date. The subject date is sometimes different from this, my reference is Create Date.

Is this possible... I expect I would need to go into some of the js scripts...

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

IMatch always uses a standard date (File.DateTime). For the file window. The Timeline. Filters. Sorting. Variables. People.
See: How IMatch uses Date and Time Information

You cannot change this and it would not make sense. All this is standardized and not all dates are equal or interchangeable.
CreateDate just means the date and time the digital file was created. It may be different from the date and time the actual image was created. Or identical, in case of typical images produced by digital cameras.
I recommend you set the correct date tag to have consistence all over IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Oh dear!
I have been using Metadata tab, (Default) selection and selecting "Create Date" {File.MD.XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate\0} for all my digitized images. Seems like this has been the wrong place to put date in image.

Perhaps this "Create Date" should not be part of the  default selection.

any easy way to copy these timestamps?

A.

Mario

The two dates in the default Metadata Panel layout exist for a purpose. These are two XMP standard dates, mapped to their counterparts in EXIF and IPTC.
If you point the mouse at the little blue ? icon in front of these tags, you get a short explanation. The XMP and IPTC standard documents explain this in detail, sometimes on two or three pages of text.

For most digital images, these tags are identical and filled by the camera or image-giving device.
Only when your files have no usable date and time information at all (scans, mostly) you have to fill them by hand.

Note: these are not variables. These are metadata tags contained in the database and/or your images.

You can copy metadata between tags using a Metadata Template or the Metadata Mechanic app.
Search the IMatch help system for these words to find the corresponding help topics.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey