Face related warnings in diagnoistic log

Started by hluxem, June 30, 2020, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hluxem

QuoteWarning: Face [61794] for file [351836] has no annotation object. Face removed.
    Warning: Removing 27 invalid entries from face index.
    Warning: Face region found in file[351740] with invalid face link [61497]. Face link removed.

Every time I do a diagnostic I see warnings regarding faces not having an annotation object and face regions with invalid face links. That still happens with the latest Imatch version.

What bothers me is that I'm not certain what is removed and why, I checked some of the files (using the file data sample app) and it looks like all annotations are still there when the warning says face removed.
For all files saying face link removed, a confirmed person was removed. After the diagnostic the annotation shows with the diagonal from top left to bottom right and a question mark. Using F2 or clicking on the annotation opens the person selector but the person will not stick. Only after moving or resizing a person can be selected and sticks.
I can live with the warnings, but it certainly would help to have an easier way to review the files in question and correct them.
Would it be possible to assign the files/person with warnings/errors to a category or collection during the diagnosis? Or create a second file to be used with the category import tool.
My scripting skills are certainly not up to the task, but I could imagine that an app could be used to paste the warning sections from the log as input and then the app extract the file ID's and assigns a category to the files in question.

Heiner

Mario

This warning normally never appears. If it appears, something is wrong that should not.
Which operations do you perform to produce this warning? Or is this related to some of your other problem reports here in the community?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

QuoteThis warning normally never appears.
In the many years I used Imatch I rarely had warnings in the diagnostic. That changed with Imatch 2020 and the face recognition features. I don't think I have seen one without a warning. I'm not concerned with the warnings as much as that confirmed faces become unknown faces after I reviewed a batch of files. If I want to do it right I have to review them all again, hence the question if the files in question could be assigned to a collection or category.
Maybe other users can chime in if they see this warnings too or if that's just an isolated case.

QuoteWhich operations do you perform to produce this warning?
I wish I would know. I have been indexing some hundreds of new scans and run face detection. I then review the images, assign & confirm persons and may copy and paste annotations for faces not recognized. 

QuoteOr is this related to some of your other problem reports here in the community?
Hard to answer that question. In the sense that it's all related to face annotations yes.
The only direct relationship I find is that after running the diagnostic the "fixed" faces are in a state they have to be moved/resized to be able to assign a person to it.

I will run the diagnostic more often and see if I can track down any relationship or what steps create this warnings. 

tappari

I have had this very same problem all the time I have used iMatch (three months now):

PersonManager Stats:
    Files with faces: 366
    Persons: 37
    Faces: 559
    Confirmed: 559
    Unconfirmed: 0
    Unassigned: 0
    Manual: 0
    Warning: File [112238] face [524] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [112248] face [527] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: Missing keywords for entity [17] for file [112248]. Fixed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [112240] with invalid face link [1108]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [112240] with invalid face link [1108]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [112241] with invalid face link [495]. Face link removed.

Little bit annoying and I'm very worrying at this moment: I add Face Links normally and when I run Database Diagnostics next time it always removes some links. How can one search those affected files by file number?

regards, Tappari

Mario

Strange.

Please describe your workflow in detail.
Do you create face annotations in IMatch? How?
Does IMatch import already existing face annotations stored by other applications?

How do you work with face annotations?
Do you copy & paste?
Propagate annotations via file versioning?
Do you use face links?
Do you reorder face annotations?

Any of these things (and others) may be the reason for this.

Missing keywords means that a face was confirmed, but no keywords copied. How does this happen and when?
Invalid face link means that you have somehow face annotations which are linked to non-existing persons.

All this indicates that some step in your workflow is causing this.
We need much more the details and you need to try to find out which step in your workflow causes this:

Start with a clean diagnosis.
Perform one step you usually do.
Run the diagnosis again. Problem => The step is causing the problem.
Else, do the next step. Run diagnosis. Problem => The step is causing the problem.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

Are you using the latest Imatch version? I think some changes in the person manager towards the end of last year had the side effect of resolving this issue as well.
I had these same messages in the log file before, but for me these warnings disappeared completely. I just run another Diagnostics to make sure, no warnings and I do use the face annotation a lot.

Files with faces: 36888
Persons: 934
Faces: 65263
Confirmed: 65262

I even added a feature request to add categories to files based on the warnings, not having the warning is even better:

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=11669.msg83445#msg83445

If you have the file ID you can find the file using the File Finder app with "Find file with Oid" Unfortunately that's one file at the time.
Back when I had these warnings, I did hack up a script which allowed me to copy and paste a list of file id's in the script and then the script assigned categories to the file.

Heiner

tappari

I'm sorry that answering take so long time but here we go.

After some research I have found that:

- half of those pictures were older and had some metadata already embedded when imported to iMatch
  but they had not any Face regions nor data in 'Persons in image'-field

- the other half are recent pictures and have no additional metadata before importing

- there were some raw (rw2) but many more jpeg file affected

For the note: I use standardly Person links because so many of my pictures contains
only a part of people (hand, shoulder, leg etc.) with no face at all - but I must know who is in picture.

(Imatch version 2015.15.2 - Windows 10 Pro 21H1)

regards, Tappari

Mario

Let us know if you find a set of steps / conditions which produce these warnings.
If I can reproduce it, I can fix it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator