Can I Filter by Camera Model

Started by Lana, July 29, 2020, 02:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lana

Other than categories, is there a way to filter by camera model?

I have been using a borrowed camera off and on, and it just suddenly occurred to me that I might want to view all the photos taken from that camera.  If I use categories, I would have to go back and find and assign those pictures to the category.  And I renamed all the files by date, so I can't look at the filename.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

JohnZeman

I use a simple data driven category to do this, it's based on the following tag: Exif::Main\272\Model\0

Which is Model in the standard tag selector.

Lana

JohnZeman, thank you.

I knew nothing about data driven categories.   So I went to Help files and was able to figure it out!  Great feature, I'm glad I learned it.  I'm sure I'll be using it again.  Thanks again.

Mees Dekker

Actually: there is a IMatch standard category for this.

Mario

Tip: See Filtering and Searching in the IMatch Help System for related information.

1.  IMatch automatically organizes your files by camera make and model (among other things).

Switch to the Category View and expand the IMatch Standard Categories category.
The Images child category organizes your files by common image metadata like ISO, Aperture Lens and Camera Make/Model.

Expand the Make and Model category to see all your files grouped by camera make (brand) and below that by camera model.

2.  You can use these categories in the the Filter Panel with the Categories Filter to filter files in the File Window.

3.  If you prefer, you can also just use a Metadata Value filter in the Filter Panel to filter the current scope (File Window contents) by camera model (or any other metadata value):

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook