Pending metadata write back icon appears even though I haven't changed anything

Started by thusband, August 07, 2020, 03:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thusband

I'm very new and have only about 100 photos on the database. I'm also still on the trail version.

I seem to see that pencil icon over and over again. I'll write the data but a short time later it or others appear again. I don't think I'm changing anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause that.

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks

Mario

This is usually caused by an unbreakable mismatch between legacy IPTC and XMP keywords in your images.
Usually IMatch can sort this out with the second write-back (synchronize keywords between legacy IPTC, XMP flat and hierarchical keywords). But not always.

Metadata problems like this can be caused by many applications out there. Which applications did you let write metadata to these files?

Do you use all standards settings in IMatch for metadata processing? Since you've just started, this should be the case.

Run the the Metadata Analyst on one of the problem files.
This shows us what's wrong with the metadata. Use the green "Copy Results" button and paste the results into your reply.

Also include an IMatch log file (see log file) from an IMatch session where you have experienced this. Just in case IMatch or ExifTool are prevented from updating the metadata in your files by your virus checker or other system settings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thusband

Maybe the write-back fixed things as I don't have any pen icons now.

I believe the only metadata were some ratings made in Fast Raw Viewer and maybe from DxO Photolab

A couple of times iMatch locked up when trying to write-back 30 or so images. After shutting it down and starting again I copied the log file and have attached it.

Thanks for the help.

Mario

If the Metadata Analyst has nothing to complain about, all is well and IMatch managed to synchronize everything (with the help of ExifTool).

The log is clean. Just a warning about a missing spell checker dictionary for your language.
IMatch can do automatic spell-checking for metadata and keywords and Attributes (very useful), you only need to download and install a dictionary for your language.
IMatch will remind you in a couple of days.

The info and downloads are here: The IMatch Spell Checker
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook