Keyword annotation

Started by mt, September 06, 2020, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mt

Is there a way to have related note/explanation about a keyword?  For example, if I have a keyword for Tom Brown, is there nifty way to keep a note for myself (or, better yet, have it usable in design/print jobs or IMA), of who Tom Brown is?

So that I don't have to repeat the description of who he is on each and every image?

Thank you!

Mario

Please consider using the Person concept in IMatch.

A person allows you to combine name, description, title and other person-related information with keywords.
See: People
Assigning a person to a file can optionally assign one or more keywords and/or add the file to one or more categories.
It also makes the file show up in the Person View for that person, where you can see not only the person name/label but also descriptions if you enter them.

A keyword by itself is just text. There is no concept or standard that associates any additional data with keywords, neither in XMP nor in IPTC.
You can store additional descriptions for keywords in the Universal Thesaurus, but that data is only for you, it is not accessible via metadata nor written to any metadata field.

Maybe consider using Metadata Templates instead. With Metadata Templates you can assign one or more keywords to a file, and also fill out other tags, like a description or whatever. It depends on how many "person keywords" you manage if this is practical.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mt

Thank you Mario - I was just coming here to update my question, after having read more about your encouraging us to use PEOPLE.

I'm off to learn/explore

It's grand to be back to iMatch; it makes sense for what I need

mt

Ahh the people properties are great.  Thank you