marker for masters and versions in the viewer

Started by stahl, September 29, 2020, 11:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stahl

Hello,
I would like to be able to see at a glance in the viewer if the current image is a master or a version.
This could possibly be implemented in the collections panel, similar to how it looks in the file window under the thumbnails.

Stef

sinus

Hm, this is interesting.

Although I look seldom at a master and version in the viewer (I see only master OR versions), I can see, that this would be really a advantage.

Hence I would say, if it is not very complicated to implement, I would vote for it (+1).
But if it is quite complicated with possible side effects, I would be against it. (-1).

That's probably a "diplomatic" answer, but I think exactly like this in this case.  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The thumbnail strip in the Viewer already indicates if a file is a master or a version.
If you don't see this info, right-click into the thumbnail strip and choose "Details" or press <D>.

I don't think more will be needed.

You could also include the {File.Relations.IsMaster} or {File.Relations.IsVersion} variable in the File Window Tip. This way you can see the info in the text overlay in the Viewer too.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Quote from: Mario on September 30, 2020, 09:01:13 AM
The thumbnail strip in the Viewer already indicates if a file is a master or a version.
If you don't see this info, right-click into the thumbnail strip and choose "Details" or press <D>.
I am a bit embarassed, but I was not aware of this :-[
Oh well, we learn something new every day (in general and about IMatch)...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: thrinn on September 30, 2020, 10:04:34 AM
Quote from: Mario on September 30, 2020, 09:01:13 AM
I am a bit embarassed, but I was not aware of this :-[
Oh well, we learn something new every day (in general and about IMatch)...

Yep, but this icon is only visible in the thumbs, as far as I know. If you not use thumbs, other stuff like collections can be see, but not that, what Stef asked.
But maybe he did this also not know, and is happy now, I do not now.  8)
As pointed out, for me personally this is not important, because mostly I look at the master- versions diveded, not together.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

QuoteYep, but this icon is only visible in the thumbs, as far as I know. If you not use thumbs, other stuff like collections can be see, but not that, what Stef asked.

Yeah, well. Sometimes we just have to live with how it is. The next user may request to show the version icons even when no other overlay is visible...

If a user must see if a file is a master or a version in the Viewer, it is easy enough to enable the film strip and hide it again, when you no longer need this info.
Or, add the variable to the File Window Tip so you can see it on-demand just by moving the mouse into the upper right corner of the Viewer.

I think these two options are good enough.
Let's see how many other users +1 this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

stahl

Thanks for the information in any case. As Markus says, it is not vital. Of course I can push some buttons and have look at the detailed thumbnails, open the text overlay and hover over it so I can read {File.Relations.IsMaster} or {File.Relations.IsVersion}.
It is more about comfort and speed and being lazy :-)