file layout - white balance detailed information

Started by Aubrey, November 04, 2020, 09:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I am using a Nikon D500. I would like to get the Nikon white balance in my file layout.
Using : {File.MD.whitebalance|value:formatted}, only gives output as "auto" or "manual".

When I use Exif command Processor, "list metadata" and filter on white the following result appears:
[Nikon]         White Balance                   : Sunny
[Nikon]         White Balance Fine Tune         : 0 0
[ExifIFD]       White Balance                   : Manual

Is there a way to access the Nikon value?

I've tried using the Tag Selector, selecting Group Name "Nikon", but I can't find a tag with data.
Any suggestions?

Aubrey.

Mario

There are vendor- and camera-specific maker notes. Different Nikon models may use different tags for the same information. Nikon does not document any of this.
Most likely these tags were not important because IMatch does not import many maker notes by default. Most of the maker notes are useless for users and would just fill up the database unneeded data.

You need to figure out which tags you want from your file and then enable them in the Tag Manager.
Read the corresponding help topic here: The Tag Manager

I've used the handy Tag Info app (included for free in IMatch) to look for all NIKON tags with names containing white:

You only need to figure out which one is filled by your particular camera model and then enable it in the tag manager. Then Shift+Ctrl+F5 the affected files and use "Reload Metadata".
My bet would be the tag from the NIKON::Main group.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Excellent sorted.  :)
I hadn't spotted "Tag Manager" under Metadata2, when looking, before contacting the forum.

Aubrey

PS: Also need to get into the habit of looking at the "apps"