Screen saver

Started by DigPeter, November 02, 2020, 03:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigPeter

Is it possible to incorporate IMatch slideshow into Windows 10 screensaver?

Mario

No.
Windows screen saver can show photos from a folder you select.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Thanks Mario.  I thought that might be the case.  I would like my screen saver to show captions.

sinus

Quote from: DigPeter on November 02, 2020, 05:53:15 PM
Thanks Mario.  I thought that might be the case.  I would like my screen saver to show captions.

Maybe produce images with captions with the Batch processor from IMatch.
The simply  copy these images into the folder for the screen saver (or even produce a folder inside IMatch for such images and also say the screen saver to use this folder).

just an idea.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

DigPeter

Thank you Marcus.  Ideal would be an app which could access title & description in the metadata of each image.

Jingo

There are lots of apps that can work as a screensaver and show selected metadata from your images... here is one:
   https://www.abscreensavers.com/random-photo-screensaver

Enjoy!

DigPeter

Quote from: Jingo on November 02, 2020, 10:28:54 PM
There are lots of apps that can work as a screensaver and show selected metadata from your images... here is one:
   https://www.abscreensavers.com/random-photo-screensaver

Enjoy!
Thanks - I will look into that.

ubacher

A batch processor preset is what I use - for any cases where I need text on or below an image.
And since it copies the resulting images to the directory of your choice this makes it suitable for
use outside of Imatch.

For text which does not come out of metadata I use the imatch Notes attribute.

sinus

Quote from: ubacher on November 04, 2020, 07:59:20 AM
A batch processor preset is what I use - for any cases where I need text on or below an image.
And since it copies the resulting images to the directory of your choice this makes it suitable for
use outside of Imatch.

This is exactly, what I thought and have written above.
For me this sounds like a perfect solution, and if it works in your case in reality, then your system seems to work well.
Markus

Jingo

Quote from: ubacher on November 04, 2020, 07:59:20 AM
use outside of Imatch.

This is a solid option of course - I just hate having "copies" of images for a specific purpose if I can avoid it.  This software can read the default image directory(ies) and simply read and overlay the metadata selected onto the screensaver without the need to export and store the images.  Space is cheap of course... I'm just really stubborn when it comes to organization and not having to export images all the time.

CHOICE is good!

sinus

Quote from: Jingo on November 04, 2020, 02:17:43 PM

... I just hate having "copies" of images for a specific purpose if I can avoid it.  ...

Good point of course.
But I use the batch processor of course in such cases also to reduce the size.
Makes no sense for me, using my high-res images for some screensaver or small outputs for e.g. websites and so on.

That is why I leave the original raw, develop a jpg with best quality and these are my main-files for IMatch.

But for more things, like spreading such files for family, screensavers, wordpress and so on, I create copies (with a special file-name).

The "high-res-jpg" gets a not in the Metas from me, if and where I have used it.
On this way I know alwasy, hmmm, did I sent this pic for my aunt?  ;D

And if I do not more use such copies, I delete them simply.

Like you wrote, Andy, Choice is good - that is true.
Markus