Started by Aubrey, November 14, 2020, 08:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Downloaded installed and updated database and rebuilt visual query. No problems. Now to get after duplicates!

Aubrey.

Aubrey

When going to release notes it would be good if IMatch 2020.11.2 is defaulted. Currently it has IMWS 2020.11.22

Some users may not spot this immediately.

ubacher

Is the information about reclaiming space used by exiftool still correct?
I had a look while the visual data is being updated and did not find a par-User folder.
All I found was par-7562616368
????

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on November 15, 2020, 06:44:51 AM
Is the information about reclaiming space used by exiftool still correct?
I had a look while the visual data is being updated and did not find a par-User folder.
All I found was par-7562616368
????

Maybe Phil (or the PERL runtime system) has changed the naming schema for some reasons in a recent version. Maybe he no longer uses the "User" suffix but a number.
I never really checked or bothered since creating the notice. I just copy it into the release notes when I ship a new ExifTool version  ;D
The TEMP folder should be cleaned up regularly anyway so most users don't really need to do anything manually. Windows disk cleanup cleans the TEMP folder.

I have updated the KB article and the corresponding section in the IMatch Help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

Quote from: Aubrey on November 14, 2020, 09:02:48 PM
When going to release notes it would be good if IMatch 2020.11.2 is defaulted. Currently it has IMWS 2020.11.22

Some users may not spot this immediately.

I offer several products and the latest product is always selected as the default.
If you use the link I include in the Annotation post here in the community, the link I post on Facebook and Twitter, you are automatically directed to the correct release notes.
The same is true for the browser window that IMatch automatically opens after installing a new version (unless you forbid it).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook