selecting multiple photos only highlights the last one selected

Started by timoteo, November 15, 2020, 07:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoteo

When I select multiple photos from thumbnails the photo selected last is outlined with a yellow box. The other selected images are not and I can't tell which images are selected and which are not (except for the last one). Can I do something about this?

When you multi-select files in Windows File Explorer it clearly shows each selected file, as do Capture One and Lightroom. I would like to be able to set ALL selected files to have a yellow outline box drawn around them or some other easy way to identify them. I feel like I'm flying blind.

Mario

This is how the File Window by default indicates selected and focused files:

3 files selected, the 3rd file is also focused.
How does this look on your system? Did you maybe modify the File Window colors under Edit > Preferences > File Window?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

timoteo

My selection looks like your example, Mario, but I find it somewhat difficult to quickly distinguish between the selected color and the deselected color. I can see the difference - the selected items have a slightly darker background than the non-selected but it just doesn't stand out like when I use capture one, lightroom, or windows file explorer.

Can I change the color settings so the selected items all have the yellow border or maybe change the selected background color to be a lighter, brighter color than is used by default?

thrinn

You should be able to change the colors in Preferences > File Windows. See screen shot.

If a yellow border would be used to highlight all selected files, you could not identify easily which file is focused. But maybe it enough if you change the dark reddish color to something else.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA