How to find out why iMatch rescans way too many unchanged files and folders?

Started by Carlo Didier, November 15, 2020, 11:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

It just happened again ...
I just added one new folder with subfolders and images to the folders which iMatch indexes:
Added "D:\Photography\Photos Carlo\2020\11\2020-11-14 Landscapes" with "D:\Photography\Photos Carlo\2020\11\" already existing before with a number of subfolders, while iMatch was closed.
I had iMatch open only half an hour before and it didn't see anything new (which was correct).
After restarting iMatch with the new folder copied, it started rescanning over 27000 files!!!!! Which ones and why? No idea! The DB has a total of ~116000 images
There is no icon indicating that anythig needs rescanning.

How can I find out what it is rescanning and why?

Mario

The log file will contain AddOrUpdate file entries for each file scanned. And also if the file was found to be current or found to have changed (timestamp different than when indexed last).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on November 15, 2020, 12:07:54 PM
The log file will contain AddOrUpdate file entries for each file scanned. And also if the file was found to be current or found to have changed (timestamp different than when indexed last).

Ok, I'll put iMatch in debug logging until this happens again.