Add face annotation to many files in a category

Started by KimAbel, December 08, 2020, 09:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KimAbel

Hello

For many years I have used categories to tag my family members by Name. I would like to convert all these pictures in the different categories to face annotations. Is this possible? Many of the files do not have a visible faces so the automatic face annotation do not work. I dont care if the face annotation rectangle is marked at a actual face. The most important is that the annotation is within the picture. I work with both IMatch and Lightroom so it would be nice if the two programs could show the same family files.

Regards
Kim Abel

Mario

If you copy & paste or add manually face annotation into an image and then link it to a person, the image will show up for that person in the People View.
Manually adding a face annotation for a face which cannot be recognized or even a shot showing only the back of the person is not uncommon. However you create the face annotation is irrelevant.
Tip: Maybe use the user gallery in the Viewer to prepare face annotations for frequently used persons.

IMatch persists face annotations as "XMP regions" in the metadata. It uses the person tag as the "tag" for the face region.
Other applications which are XMP-compliant will import the face data (like IMatch imports face data from Picasa or Lightroom).  But I cannot say how other applications deal with face regions not placed on an actual face. You need to contact the support of these other applications for a competent answer. Some don't allow to place face annotations manually if they cannot detect a face...so your results may vary...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

KimAbel

Thanks. Found the copy paste solution now, and it works :-) Lightroom reads the info fine.

Regards
Kim Abel