imd5-Fileassociaton in the taskbar - registry

Started by Menace, December 29, 2020, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hi Mario,

Since a one or two years ago, my Fileassociation to the imd5 are broken (for example, I want to start a special database (I have 7 different databases) I want to start the database with right click on the IMatch-Symbol an select the pinned Database.

Unfortunately it shows the databases, but windows said, it is missing this databases (I can start the databases directly with windows explorer, but this I don't want.

So, I open registry to delete the file association: During looking for .imd5 files, I found something like: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ʮǦ  .imd5_auto_file  or Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ㅳ헑栀耀

Do you know, which registry-entry is responsible for the broken link in the tastbar-associations?

Mario

Usuually the registration is performed automatically during setup. This is all done by the setup system/Microsoft framework on which IMatch is based.
You can try to run IMatch2020x64.exe once manually with the /register command line switch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace