can I make imatch file window & viewer work like capture one or lightroom?

Started by chupacabra, March 07, 2021, 04:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

when I select multiple images in the file window and hit return it brings up the viewer but it shows however many files I had told it to display the last time it was up. For example, the very first time I run imatch, if I select two files from the file viewer and hit return the viewer shows one file. If I want to see both files, I hit L2.

in capture one and lightroom 6 (the two tools I'm most used to, however many files you select in the file window is the number you get in the viewer. If I select three files in the file window and  bring up the viewer I get three files in the viewer. If I select two files in the file window and bring up the viewer, it shows two files, etc.

I like the capture one/lightroom method and wondered if I can make imatch work the same way.

Seems like whatever I last selected in the imatch viewer (L2, L3, whatever) isn't what I want next time. If I last used L2, it will turn out that next time I want L1. If last time I used L1, I want L3 now. I guess I'm not very consistent in my behavior, but I can't help being a little weird.

I know that when the viewer comes up with three images and I want two I can just do L2 to change it but it bothers me. If I can't do it with imatch "standard", maybe I could script it and attach it to a key combination?

Mario

You tell the Viewer how many images to show side-by-side via this option. This is independent from the number of files you have selected in the File Window.
If you switch the Viewer to 4 x 2 image mode and your File Window selection contains 2,000 files, the Viewer will show 8 files at a time. If your File Window selection is 3 files, the Viewer shows only 3 files.

In your case, if you switch the Viewer to 8 images once, does that not work as you want?
Select 4 files in the File Window and you see 4 files. Select one file and you see one file...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

chupacabra

1) select one image in file window, hit return
2) type L1 in viewer to set it to show only one image
4) close viewer
3) select two images in file window, hit return. Viewer displays one image
4) type L3 in viewer
5) close viewer
6) select one image in file window, hit return
7) Viewer displays three images

In capture one, by comparison, there is no equivalent to "L<number>" in imatch. however images selected in the file window is the number of images shown in the viewer. select three, get three in the viewer. select one, you get one in the viewer, etc.

Can I make imatch work like capture one in this examples - ignore the "L<number>" setting and always display only the selected images in the viewer?

Mario

Feel free to post a feature request in the feature request board. If a substantial number of users would like to see this behavior changed as you propose, I will look into this.
Currently, the Viewer just displays the number of images you have configured, up to a maximum of 8 images side-by-side. This behavior is unchanged since IMatch 5.

Quote6) select one image in file window, hit return

This is the culprit. By default, when only one file is selected, the Viewer opens all files in the current scope!
You can change this behavior under Edit > Preferences > Application: Viewer => Single selection loads all files...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook