newbie search problem

Started by chupacabra, March 07, 2021, 02:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I'm still pretty new to imatch and have been doing just simple string searches from the file window. I use capture one for my editing and have flagged the pictures I like with three stars. I set my search to "search in attributes" (not quite sure which option to choose) then brought up the filters window, set "auto apply filters", then checked the Filter Panel option, checked the "Ratings, Labels & Collections" checkbox, and checked the "3 star" icon under "Ratings, ...".

When I go to my file window now I don't see only three star pictures; I see everything. I've read the basic search and filtering Help topics but am at a loss to understand what I'm doing wrong here. Can someone help me, please?

Mario

To filter for a rating, label or any of the collections, use the corresponding filter in the Filter Panel.

Keep in mind that every filter can be individually enabled or disabled via the check box in the filter caption.
If you don't tick that box (yellow arrow below), the filter is not active.

Tip: The Filter Panel shows a blue bar with the text no filters active right at the top when you have not enabled any filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

chupacabra

That's what I did. I must still be overlooking something somewhere. See attached screen capture.

The main window is showing three star, one star, five star, and zero star images. I expected it to show only three star images.

Mario

You are using "Rating = 3" OR "No label". The OR boolean mode is ticked at the top of the filter and also the "no label" is selected.

So you see all files with a rating of 3 or no label.

Reset the filter with the blue arrow button and then just click on rating 3.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook