Accessing Collection Items in a Custom Panel

Started by PandDLong, March 10, 2021, 05:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandDLong

Is there a way to access the items in the Collections Standard Panel in a Custom Panel? 

I can access (and edit) the rating and label as they are metadata tags.  It would be really nice if I could add that sophisticated line from the standard panel that uses stars for the rating, and colours for labels, in a custom panel but I realize that is likely a real stretch.

What about the flag, dot, bookmark and pins?  Accessible?

PandDLong

I meant to add the question about whether these items can be accessed through a metadata template instead or in addition.

Mario

I'm not sure what you mean by Custom Panel?

Do you mean a Metadata Panel layout?
Then yes, you can enable the collection panel for any Metadata Panel layout:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PandDLong

Yes, I mean a Custom Panel in the Panel Layouts function.

I was hoping to be able to access a specific attribute - such as the 'Red Pin' and put it into a custom panel of a Panel Layout.

I can include the Standard Panel in a Panel Layout but wondered if I could split up those various items and put them into Custom Panels.    (As I mentioned the Rating and Label are tags so I realize I can put them into a custom panel).

I am pretty sure the answer is no - but wanted to double-check in case I missing some "trick" - variable?

Ignore my second note - it is an example of typing before investigating myself.  I see that the flag, dot, bookmark and 3 pins are specifically identified in the metadata template tab - so the answer to that second question is yes.

Mario

Rating and label are both XMP tags, and thus metadata. You can add them to your custom metadata panel layout like any of the other 14,000+ tags IMatch supports.

Bookmarks and other collections are not metadata, they are IMatch database concepts.
You can add the pre-made control for collections to your custom layouts. But you cannot pick just bookmarks or pins.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PandDLong