Face identification

Started by jln, August 03, 2021, 12:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jln

One member of my family is never correctly identified although in the People view there are hundreds of pictures of her. Sometimes she is not only misidentified, she has incorrect confirmed identification. I have tried changing the "training" images, but that hasn't helped. I always change the misidentifications, but that also has no effect. The AI does a pretty good job with all other people, which makes its behavior with this person particularly puzzling. I have sometimes thought that maybe it should be "reinitialized" for that person, but I don't know how to do that. The help page on people is quite long, but I don't see an answer there.

Mario

If IMatch confirms the person automatically, it is very sure to have the right face and the right person.
Is the person always identified as the same "other" person, or as a variety of persons?

Have you tried to remove all trained faces for this person?
And then train 2 to 5 representative faces?

Do you have entered the day of birth for the person?
This is an important criteria and may greatly improve the face recognition AI results.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jln

It doesn't consistently recognize the same wrong person even when it is confirmed. I have entered the birth dates. I 'm not sure how to do the training and untraining. I know how to choose a person, change the training state, confirm and save. Does that start new training? I have pictures of this person from birth to age 40. I assume the training images should include different ages. How many should I have in total?

Mario

You can just remove trained faces in the Face Manager and then train 5 to 10 representative faces.
Since faces of persons change a lot when they are young, train a few extra faces for younger ages. Note that small children pretty much look alike (for AIs as well as humans).
Changing trained faces, like confirming or rejecting faces, causes IMatch to re-evaluate all unconfirmed faces. It won't touch confirmed faces.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook