@Keywords Category - not updating

Started by PandDLong, March 20, 2021, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandDLong

From reading the help file on 'Categories', I understand that the @keyword category will automatically update to reflect keywords used in images.  Either my understanding is wrong or it isn't quite working that way for me.

I added a keyword to an image, did a write-back, then removed the keyword and did another write-back.  (I was testing to see how Windows file explorer would pick-up keywords)

However, in iMatch it still persists in the @keywords category.  I did a reload/rescan in the category window as well but that had no affect.

Screen capture attached showing the categories, file window (1 image) and the keywords panel for that image.

Is there another step I need to take to keep the category current?

Michael

Mario

You may want to set the option Keep empty categories to No for @Keywords.
By default @Keywords keeps empty categories so you can use them again for assignments in the Category Panel.

This is documented in the IMatch Help System: See Keep Empty Categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PandDLong

Thank you - that worked.

That was useful as well as I wanted to know how to get rid of categories with zero files (ie. empty).

I am puzzled why changing that option also cleaned up the 'windmills' @keyword category as it was showing 1 image and brought up that image in the file window (ie. in my screen shot it wasn't an empty category).

Onwards and forwards.

Michael