metadata Description "(Multiple Values") issue/question

Started by chupacabra, March 21, 2021, 01:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I had selected several different photos of a particular scene, all using the same string for the Description metadata field - "Maligne Lake boathouse". i found another photo of that scene and wanted to add the same Description to it. So I selected all of these images and displayed the Metadata panel. It showed Description set to "Multiple Values" and that make sense. When I cllck on the Description field it changes to "Maligne Lake boathouse". I thought if I just hit Return in that field now it would assign that string to the Description for all selected images, but it did not. It didn't change the description for the latest image. The only way I've found so far to assign that string to all these Description fields
is to select that field, then do Ctrl-X or Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V to paste the string back in. That works. Why doesn't this work if I just select the field, wait for it to show "Maligne Lake  boathouse" and then hit Return? That string is on the dropdown for that field but I have to visually scan through the dropdown list values to find it. It would be easier for me if it worked something like what I had tried by hitting Return.

Is there way to do this that I don't know about yet?

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook