Pack and Go : restoring files to their original folders or to a different folder

Started by dp7602, November 05, 2021, 03:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dp7602

Hi everybody !

I have on question about Pack and Go.

When restoring, does the option chosen (i.e : restoring files to their original folders or to a different folder) have an influence on the transfer of the settings of Imatch ?

In other words, if « restoring files to their original folders» is chosen, does it changes / modifies the files in «%PROGRAMDATA%\photools.com\IMatch6» and
    «%APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch6» folders.

Till now, I use the second option which has the inconvenience of creating quite a lot of folders and subfolders and thus, I have to pay much attention to which database file to choose, especially if several restoring were performed previously. I opened at least 2 times the wrong database and it takes me some time before I realized that I had made a mistake.
If I use the « restoring files to their original folders», does it prevent having the folders mess ?

Using a desktop with 2 large screens and a 13 inches laptop while on the go, I don't need the settings file to be modified.

Thanks for helping.

Pierre

Mario

I'm not sure what the question is.

If you enable this option, IMatch restores the files to the same location from where they were packed. This is the default.
Pack & Go is designed to transfer databases and settings between computers. It is not a backup software.
The second option (restore into different folders) is useful only when you partially want to restore data and pick individual files to copy or move.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook