Set label while import

Started by Rene Toepfer, March 23, 2021, 08:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

Is it possible to set a label for a specific file type while import? Something like
If {File.Ext} = ARW then
set label="Red"

Mario

No. Only the options available in Metadata Templates while indexing new, updated or files marked as read-only.

Tip: you can see all recently added files in the corresponding collection. Apply a file format filter for .ARW or just use for .ARW via the search bar.
Ctrl+A
Apply label.

Takes a few seconds that way.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on March 23, 2021, 09:55:16 PM
No. Only the options available in Metadata Templates while indexing new, updated or files marked as read-only.

Tip: you can see all recently added files in the corresponding collection. Apply a file format filter for .ARW or just use for .ARW via the search bar.
Ctrl+A
Apply label.

Takes a few seconds that way.

Or create some categories with "indexed today" and categories for different formats.
You can then even go to this categories, started without (e.g.) images. And during the import the categories will be filled and you can see the different created categories with files.
I personally do a lot with categories, because they do some stuff automatically.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on March 23, 2021, 09:55:16 PM
Ctrl+A
Apply label.
That's how I do it currently. I had hoped that I could use IF clauses in my metadata template to set a label.
Quote from: sinus on March 24, 2021, 07:34:19 AM
Or create some categories with "indexed today" and categories for different formats.
You can then even go to this categories, started without (e.g.) images. And during the import the categories will be filled and you can see the different created categories with files.
I personally do a lot with categories, because they do some stuff automatically.
OK, I'll check how file formats can be used for catagories.

Rene Toepfer

I have created a rule for my categoy and it works as expected:
"@FileRegExp[arw|crw|cr2|dng]" AND "@Label[]"

BTW, is it possible to put the must used commands into the menu or a toolbar? In such case I (hopefully) could place this category into it.

Mario

What would such a button do?
You can create a bookmark for this category in the Category View. The Bookmarks Tab
Or maybe a category favorite which allows you to navigate to the category using the context menu or <G>. https://www.photools.com/help/imatch/#fav_basics.htm
Make sure to seal the category to prevent unwanted assignments.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook