Face rectangle wronly placed

Started by rienvanham, March 27, 2021, 12:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

Most of my photo's were taken in a 4:3 format. They all have cropdata in the format 16:9. I did this so I can export all these files in 16:9-format to view them, via my mediaplayer, on my 4K-TV.
I didn't know that iMatch could process the crop-information. So now I'm rescanning all files to process them with crop-information.

I see a strange side-effect: my photo's also have people-information with rectangles on their faces. Now, with the crop-information, most of the rectangles are wrongly placed. Is this a side-effect of displaying the files with crop information? Is there a way to avoid this? I thought that the people-information was on obsolute coordinates from the original photo and should keep intact after the (virtual) cropping.

Thanks in advance!

Rien.

Mario

Annotations are placed in a resolution-independent fashion. But if you later crop the image or change its size in other ways, annotation rectangles must be manually updated.
The face region data in XMP and the face annotation data in the database does not change then you crop images or just display them with their externally set crop rectangle (which is considered an experimental feature) applied.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rienvanham

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

I found an issue: when the crop is (slightly) rotated no cropped preview is generated.

Rien

Mario

Rotated crops are not supported by IMatch.
I don't recall the details anymore, but I think I remember I could not figure out how to apply it, based on test data I saw.
Applying the crop is a super-special experimental feature and I know not many users use it. It's too specific and linked to a few application (mostly Lr) out there.
Usually a DAM like IMatch deals with the final images, not with XMP-based render instructions.

Feel free to add a feature request so we can learn if this is an issue other users would like to see addressed. Then I can look into rotated crops again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook