Colour bar for file types in versions - is this possible?

Started by Aubrey, April 05, 2021, 09:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

When I see my stacked versions I would like to know the underlying file type without toggling the version stack (I know I can see in versions window).

Is it possible to define label or some other way to see if there is for example,  a dng, file in the stack. The master might be a nef.

Ideally a set of different bars (like we can do for different categories tab). Then one could see if versions are jpg, tif or dng afphoto, etc.

(I know that there is a colour border line that can go around the orange version master icon)

Just a quick yes/no, and if yes a pointer to do it, I don't need details, I'll work it out.

Aubrey.

Mario

Tricky.

The variable {File.Versions} returns the file names of all files (with path). {File.Versions.NameExt} returns the name.ext of each version.
If you use that with a custom template in your layout to show some icon or text or color bar of sorts, you should be able to do this.

Start with Using Custom Icons in the File Window. sinus has posted some very fancy File Window layout custom designs in this community.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Done!
Thanks for pointing out the variable {File.Versions.NameExt}  - as usual it was in the Help File .

Added "custom template" to footer 4 right. (Attached) Its the result for jpg, dng and tif versions. It currently does not count multiple tifs, but what I have is fine for my use.

<Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#00AA00'>{File.Versions.NameExt|contains:dng,DNG,}</Run> <Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#639B7B'>{File.Versions.NameExt|contains:tif,TIF,}</Run> <Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#003BE4'> {File.Versions.NameExt|contains:jpg,JPG,} </Run>

Aubrey.

sinus

Quote from: Aubrey on April 05, 2021, 12:58:57 PM
Done!
Thanks for pointing out the variable {File.Versions.NameExt}  - as usual it was in the Help File .

Added "custom template" to footer 4 right. (Attached) Its the result for jpg, dng and tif versions. It currently does not count multiple tifs, but what I have is fine for my use.

<Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#00AA00'>{File.Versions.NameExt|contains:dng,DNG,}</Run> <Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#639B7B'>{File.Versions.NameExt|contains:tif,TIF,}</Run> <Run Foreground='#FFFFFF' Background='#003BE4'> {File.Versions.NameExt|contains:jpg,JPG,} </Run>

Aubrey.

Well done, Aubrey
On question though:

Yo write, the master is (maybe) the nef.
In your attachement I see the nef as the master.

My question: But the picture, what I can see (the content of the master) is the content from a version (depending on the proxy)? It is a nef, but we see in fact the jpg-content (or the content, what is the proxy-version).

Is this correct?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Aubrey

Sinus,
Thank you for your kind words.
Quote from: sinus on April 05, 2021, 02:08:34 PM
My question: But the picture, what I can see (the content of the master) is the content from a version (depending on the proxy)? It is a nef, but we see in fact the jpg-content (or the content, what is the proxy-version).

Is this correct?

You are correct, the master is the NEF, it uses the visual proxy, and in this case is using the visual proxy from the tif.

I've decided to place all my processed files in a sub directory "Processed"
My file structure is:

2103 Mar
    Processed
    Wordpress
(Doesn't appear often)

I've set up visual proxies in this order:
(Lower priority) Output from DxO (I use DNG format). From DxO file name is modified to filename_DxO.DNG
( Higher priority) Output from Nik Collection (in this case tif) From Nik filename is modified to filename_Nik.tif

I want different visual proxies depending upon file types, this is set up in versioning, see attachment.
In ascending order of priority:

xxx_DxO.jpg (lowest priority)
xxx_DxO.DNG
xxx_Nik.tif (I expect to have gone through DxO processing and then decided to go further with Nik software.)

I have some files that have been batch processed in a sub-folder called "wordpress" processed in a particular (non-standard) order (usually jpg), they are prefixed:
01_filename_DxO.
02_filename_DxO.
This is accounted for in the link expression for the first three characters that may or may not be present
"[0-9_]{3}?"

Ive also set up a data driven category that will pick up only folders containing "Processed" files
Used tag: photools.com::IMatch\101400\file.foldername\0
Filter: 201[0-9]{1}\\[0-9]{4} [a-z]{3}\\Processed

This picks up processed folders from 2010 - 2019, it will possible 120 folders! I will probably change this at some point.

Sorry for long winded reply. It's absolutely amazing what one can do with IMatch. The only limitation is ones imagination!

Aubrey.

sinus

Thanks, Aubrey

cool answer, I will read this again, when I have more time to think.  ;D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook