Find and delete doubled Persons Tags in same Photo

Started by vsammy, April 21, 2021, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsammy

Hello together,
I just bought iMatch a few day ago to finally sort and tag my pictures after tagging them in the past years with many different tools like Picasa, Digikam, Lightroom, MS Fotos, Apple Fotos...

The tools did already some face detection but I remarked that some pictures contain doubled persons tags. (2 times the same person, sometimes exactly in the same rectangle, sometimes the one rectangle is larger than the other).

Is there a way to find that double tags and delete them? Should be possible, I guess - because there cannot be 2x the same person in one photo.... Is there a solution thatfor?

Thanks,
VSammy

Mario

QuoteShould be possible, I guess - because there cannot be 2x the same person in one photo.... Is there a solution thatfor?

A person can, theoretically, appear more than once in an image (mirror, collage, ...).
So IMatch supports that and it cannot tell if having the same person multiple times is an error or not.

Did you perform the face recognition for these files in IMatch, or did IMatch import existing face regions written by some of your other software (and thus imported the problem)?
When IMatch imports XMP face regions, it creates face annotations from that info and no longer performs face recognition on the file.

There is no feature in IMatch which scans files for "overlapping" face regions of sorts, linked to the same person.
IMatch does not do things like this, and hence it does not contain features to fix broken face annotations created by other applications. You have included some applications which are not really, eh, good, with metadata...

I see no easily solution for this problem, sorry.
Did your other applications write the PersonsInImage tag, and maybe added the same person twice there too? (You can see this tag in the Metadata Panel, in the "Browser" layout).
In that case a small app which looks at this tag and flags files with duplicate entries in that tag could at least mark the files you have to check manually.
Or a purpose-built app which processes the face regions in your files directly, removing duplicate entries. A bit tricky, but a seasoned developer should be able to do it in a day. If you know one or you are willing to pay for it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on April 21, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
QuoteShould be possible, I guess - because there cannot be 2x the same person in one photo.... Is there a solution thatfor?

A person can, theoretically, appear more than once in an image (mirror, collage, ...)

Oh,yes, very true.
I have quite a lot of files the same person is several time on the image.
Like Mario wrote, often a collage or I have also some panoramas, where the person runned during I turned the camera, and at the end the same person was 3 or 4 time on the same picture.
Just now I had to create a collage for a deceised person, finally this person is 5 times in the same psd.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

vsammy

Hi and thanks for replying.

Ok.. I understand. Thanks for explaining!
Indeed, there could be the same person twice on the same picture under certain circumstances....

I checked, yes I used - as described above - some Programms to do the FaceRecognition. And MS Photo did what you guessed... There was twice the name in PesonInImage Tag...
IMatch did just impoirt the person tags.

>:( I´ll check how I will manage that what MS did...

Regards, VSammy

Mario

Not sure if this will help in your situation...

The variable {File.MD.XMP::iptcExt\PersonInImage\PersonInImage|count:true} returns the number of persons in the image.

If you usually have only one or two persons in the image, setting up a data-driven category based on this variable may help.
The result organizes your files by the number of "persons" in this tag. So if you see 2, 4, 6, 8... you can quickly drill-down on images which may potentially contain duplicate persons.

If you need help with setting up a data-driven category based on the above variable, let us know.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook