critical error while attempting to open the global settings database

Started by moni370, April 29, 2021, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moni370

Hi,
I used imatch on trial version, then I installed the licenced version, worked a bit on it, made a backup and it is not working anymore.
I have read though many post:
I have uninstalled, reinstalled
I cannot find the \config\  directory
What is a bit strange is that the error message does not change even after installing imatch to a different directory.
There is no imatch.pts on my windows.
I have restarted windows between uninstall, deletion of the directory, and re-install.
The only 'error' I can think of having made is to access IMatch from a different Windows user on the same PC.
I found a log file from 4 days ago when all was fine and attached this together with the one from today.
thanks for your help. Monika

Mario

I've e already replied to your other identical post.

The database system reports physical damage to the settings database. Not sure if I have ever seen this before.
This can (very rarely) happen during a power failure or when the virus checker stops IMatch during writing data to the file or similar catastrophic problems.

Restore the last backup of the file (if you have one) or the .bak version as I've explained in your other post. Close IMatch before.
If nothing works, delete the file, which resets IMatch back to default settings. Then open your database manually once via the Database > Open command.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook