File window default sort profile

Started by Kucera, April 29, 2021, 07:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kucera

I would like the sort order to default to the exif date of the file, oldest first, yet it seems that whenever i restart IMatch, or change to a category not manually set during the session, or a new search, it opens ordered by filename.
Even have a profile called Default, edited the original one to with just Date&Time in it, but that did not help. Every new Search, for example, shows up ordered by filename. Is there a way to make it show by exif date by default?

Mario

Running a search or applying a filter does not change the selected sort profile in the File Window (The sort profile is displayed in the File Window toolbar).

"Every new search opens..."

This sounds as if you work with result windows? Result Windows have their own sort profile setting. Make sure you select the required sort profile in a result window once before closing it. This persists the selected sort profile for result windows. See Result Windows for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Kucera

Quote from: Mario on April 29, 2021, 08:34:40 PM
This sounds as if you work with result windows?
Hello, and thanks. Sorry I did not make myself clear. I was mainly thinking of the regular file window - every time I opened a folder for the first time during the session, the file window sort reverts to File Name, and so do all the timeline years. I would like this to default to Date&Time. Sorry to take up your time with trivia. I think I resolved it by going to the Database folder and setting it to Date&Time. The result windows are no problem now, either.
Thanks again
Regards, Emil