confusion over map panel

Started by chupacabra, May 05, 2021, 01:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I have a series of photos I took over time at a location in the U.S. state of Texas. Some have GPS coordinates while others do not. I know the approximate location but want to know the exact location. So I brought up the map panel and selected one of the images, planning to go through them one by one until the map showed the exact location and GPS coordinates. The selected image has no GPS coordinates. The map came up showing me the middle of the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. I've never been to Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is ~2400km from me.

Shouldn't the map go black or gray and say "no GPS coordinates" or something similar for an image with no GPS coordinates rather than showing me a seemingly random location?

Am I going about this the hard way? Maybe there's an easier way for me to do this without running into this problem.

Mario

The map panel usually just keeps the last used position/center when none of the currently selected files have GPS data.
The map cannot go black, this is not how Google/Bing/HERE/OSM implement this.

Just select the files you want to place, find the correct spot on the map using the "Find" function or manually, place the target marker and assign it to all files.
If you have enabled reverse geo-coding, IMatch automatically updates the country, city and location data of these files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook