Design & Print - Text Alignment and XAML Questions

Started by PandDLong, May 25, 2021, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandDLong

I am trying to use XAML to include the text from 3 metadata tags in one text container - rather than creating 3 text containers.  Perhaps what I am trying to do can only be done with 3 containers but I thought I would ask those who know more than I.

The first line of text is to have the FileName left justified and the Date right justified (similar to a file window with the left & right options).  Then the rest of the text container is to have the description and it can wrap as needed.

One of the challenges I have discovered is that the Alignments (Text, Horizontal and Vertical) that are included in the Text Properties section of the container properties seem to over-ride what I include in the XAML code.   eg. if I experiment by having just one metadata tag in the container, any XAML alignment controls seem to have no affect.

Question 1 - how do the Alignment controls of the Text Properties of the container interact with the XAML alignment controls?

Question 2 - can XAML be used to have two text blocks (within a StackPanel of Orientation=Horizontal) with opposite justifications to get the left & right "look"? 

Would it make my life easier to just create multiple containers?   (note, it is a dynamic template for which I am using the ability to define the layout for one picture with its text and replicate across and down).

Appreciate the wisdom.

Michael

Mario

A container can only have on text orientation/alignment. You can use XAML to do things like changing fonts or colors, but not override the general container layout. There are limits.
I would use 3 containers, which is much simpler to do.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook