numerous keywords in keywords category with 0

Started by neal, May 30, 2021, 09:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

I see hundreds or even thousands of keywords in the category keywords list that have a 0 after them. Can they be deleted?
Also, how can I see a list of the keywords in a particular folder and click on them to display the corresponding images? Is this also possible in Anywhere?
Neal

Mario

Please see the help for the @Keywords category, especially Keep Empty Categories

QuoteAlso, how can I see a list of the keywords in a particular folder

Not exactly sure what you want here. The Category Panel shows the keywords of all currently selected files (Current Tab), so maybe select all files in that folder and then look there?

Or use a MD value filter on hierarchicalSubject, which then displays a list of all values (aka keywords) used in the current scope (what's in the File Window). Works for folders the same as for categories, collections, events, persons, timeline nodes..

IMatch Anywhere WebViewser has a very comfortable keyword filter too.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

Let me try to be more clear.
Suppose someone wants to find a photo but is not sure what keyword to look for. It will be a trial and error process, a lot of time wasted. If they could see a list of available keywords, it will be very quick. This list could be based on folders.

Also, the same problem is in Anywhere.

neal

Also, in Imatch, where is the screen that you show from the attachment for the zero problem?

Jingo

The properties pane is at the bottom of the @Categories panel... it might be hidden or collapsed.

Trying to find a photo without knowing a specific keyword it has is always tough - but that is where a good hierarchy of keywords help.  For example, I might be looking for a particular duck but cannot remember its specific name... however, if I had a good hierarchical keyword setup, I would narrow down the search by choosing the Animals-> Bird -> Ducks @keyword and search through the list of sub-keywords or do a visual search on those images.

Mario

IMatch Anywhere has a very comfortable keyword filter. It shows you all keywords used in the current scope. Just pick from the list.

IMatch does the same in the Categories panel. Or, when you want it mode condensed, just use a Value filter in the Filter Panel.

I wrote that yesterday already. Did you try it?
Just load the scope where you want to search into the File window (a folder, a disk, the entire database) and you're good.

If you don't know about these features, I suggest you read the corresponding sections in the IMatch help again:

Categories
The Categories Panel
The Value Filter
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

Also, how to alphabetize the keywords recent list?

Mario

This list is ordered by how recent the keyword was used. It is dynamically. You don't need to reorder it.
Use favorites, the Thesaurus, the auto-suggestions etc. to improve your keywording workflow.
See also the tips in the "Did You Know?" app and the numerous tips & tricks in The Keywords Panel
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

neal

Thank you so much. I will try to follow everything.