Face recognition - moving files

Started by imfan, June 04, 2021, 12:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfan

Hello,

for months, I have been postponing the use of Face Detection and Face Recognition due to it´s complexity.
For the last 3 evenings I´ve been working on this subject and I have to say : WOW ! eventhough I am using it just that short and I am sure there is more to explore!

There is one question or even a feature request, not sure....

In the "People" TAB, I have now a list of several people, at least 3 picture each, confirmed etc.

I have a  "working" folder, in which are unsorted pictures. iMatch face recognition detected some picture in that folder which are in my "people" TAB listed.

Now, how can I    move    the found picture/s in the working folder into the corresponding folder of that person for real?
I looked around, but could not find any easy task. An idea would be: I select the found picture and in a menu there would be an option like: "move selected file/s into main folder of that person"   or something similar.
Ofcourse if you have more than one face in the picture it will be hard.
Maybe I am thinking to complicated......or this is not just what face recognition was ment for or should be used for

If there already is an option like this or a small workaround please let me know.

Thanks!

Mario

Persons are unrelated to folders. You don't need to move them or anything.

Basically, each person has a list of files containing faces of that person.
When you assign a person and commit (or the IMatch AI does it for you), the file is linked to that person.
If there are multiple faces/persons in a file, the file is linked to each of these persons.
IMatch keeps track of this for you automatically.

Where on your disk (in which folder) these files are located is not important.

When you move a file linked to the person "Bob" (or maybe also to "Lucy" and "Frank") from your working folder into another folder on your disk (using the move file commands in IMatch), nothing will change. The file is still assigned to "Bob" (and "Lucy" and "Frank").

When you click on a person in the Person View, IMatch shows you all files linked to that person - wherever these files are.
Tip: You can click on a file and press <Ctrl>+<G> to open the corresponding folder.

This is very similar to IMatch Categories. A category can contain any number of files, and files can be in any number of categories. The file itself exists only once on your hard disk. Adding the file to more categories, moving it from one category to another etc. does not duplicate the file on disk.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

imfan

Thank for your long feedback Mario !