IMatch Closes In The Middle Of Opening DB

Started by Darius1968, June 07, 2021, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I was in Media & Folders View, rescanning six top-level folders of my DB.  5/6 folders scanned smoothly, however, the last top-level folder - with about 350K files - did scan to completion, but in the final steps of adding in some files to the DB, IMatch unexpectedly shut itself down.  I have a log file which reflects all what I said above, but could not attach it here, as it was too big!  I can make it available to you, if you need it, via other methods. 

The 2nd log file - attached here - reflects my no longer being able to open my DB without IMatch closing itself.  So what can I do to fix this? 

Mario

This log file shows IMatch scanning folders, e.g....\ImageMagick-6.1.5-7\ImageMagick-6.1.5\libxml\...
Do you really need to index these folders? They don't contain images or any usable data for IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

No, I do not at all need those folders/files.  If I remove them from the database, is there a way that I can teach IMatch not to re-index those folders, when I do a rescan?  If not, could I just move those folders somewhere else on the SSD, where IMatch wouldn't see it? 

Mario

IMatch only scans folders you add to your database, and all sub-folders, recursively.
Usually you don't mix files you want to manage and you don't want to manage in the same folder hierarchy.
I recommend you move software and other files you don't need to manage in your DAM somewhere outside the folder hierarchy containing your images, videos and other files you want to manage with IMatch.

Storing all images in a root folder like "c:\images" or "c:\data\images" makes this much easier.

I recommend to remove the folder C:\__OLD-PC\D\_01\Modem Downloads\.... from your database with the "Remove folder from database" command. DON'T CONFUSE this with the "Delete Folder" command.
And then add only folders to your database you want to manage with IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook