Restoring Keywords From IMPAG File

Started by Darius1968, June 25, 2021, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I do have recent backups - on a separate HD - of my DB, however, my most recent (from a few hrs. ago) is embedded in an IMPAG file, via Pack & Go.  Since then, 3,000+ files have, unfortunately, had their keywords corrupted, and I'm hoping that I can somehow make use of that IMPAG file, in updating those corrupted files, with the last valid keywords.  What would be the procedure, if this is possible?  Thanks. 

Mario

Not really sure. This will take some experimenting.

1a. Backup your current database while IMatch is not running (copy it to another folder).
1b. Backup the image files.
This way, if things go wrong, you won't lose any data. You can always restore the backup and start over

2. Restore the IMPAG file to a new, empty folder.
This gives you a copy of the database you can use to replace the current database. The database will have all the keywords.
3. After replacing the database, open it in IMatch.
4. Locate the files with the wiped keywords and put them into a category or maybe bookmark them or whatever.
5. Select all these files and add one keyword in the Keyword panel. Save (green hook button or Ctrl+S).
This will add this keyword, but not change the other keywords.  Verify by selecting individual files and check their keywords in the KW panel.
6. Select all files again.
7. Remove the keyword added in step 5.
The keywords will remain pending, but are now unchanged again.
8. Write the files back to restore the keywords in the files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook